This recipe is a knock-off of the Trader’s Joe’s Kale and Edamame Bistro Salad, and it’s even better! This is a family favorite recipe that we usually have in our normal rotation.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups finely chopped Tuscan kale, ribs removed (this is about 4 ounces of kale)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup edamame beans
- A few carrot shreds (if you have them, for color)
- slivered almonds
- Add all dressing ingredients to a large salad bowl and whisk until combined.
- Into the bowl throw the kale (which you have cut into smaller pieces), chickpeas, cranberries and edamame. Toss in some carrot shreds and slivered almonds.
- Toss salad well to combine.
This is great as a main dish, but also works well as a side. Keeps well in the refrigerator dressed for a several days. Enjoy!